Rebecca West practices in family court. Ms. West has extensive practice
in complex family court litigation including divorce, child custody, property
division, and Department of Social Services (DSS) matters.
- South Carolina (2000);
- United States District Court.
University of Mississippi, J.D. (2000); University of South Carolina School
of Law-visiting student;
Lander University, B.S. History (1997).
Certified Family Court Mediator (2006), Member of the South Carolina Bar
Continuing Education Committee (2007-2008), Lexington County Bar Association,
South Carolina Lawyer Mentoring Program.
In June 2012, Ms. West formed Harling & West, LLC. She practices solely
in the South Carolina Family Court. Ms. West has extensive experience
in complex family court litigation including custody, property division
and Department of Social Service (DSS) matters.
Continuing Legal Education
Lectures and Materials
Ms. West has lectured at various Legal Education seminars and authored
continuing education materials, including:
- Advanced Family Law: Special Issues in Military Divorce (NBI CLE February
2, 2012, authored materials);
- Hot Tips for the Coolest Domestic Law Practitioners: Grandparent Visitation
(SC Bar CLE September 16, 2011, authored materials);
- Divorce Litigation: From Start to Finish; Enforcement and Post-Trial Modifications
(NBI CLE August 12, 2011);
- Law School for Non-Lawyers--Family Law (April 2011);
- Non-parent Rights to Children (CLE Distance Learning March 2011, authored
- “What is your Expert Giving You?” Deposing Psychiatric and
Psychological Professionals; Children’s Issues in Family Court (CLE
March 2007, authored materials);
- Advanced Family Law (NBI CLE February 2010);
- An Optimal View of 2005 (CLE December 2005);
Legal and Historical Analysis of the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act (University of Texas at Arlington, 1997).
McComb v. Conard, 394 S.C. 416, 715 S.E.2d 662 (Ct. App. 2011) (Trial Counsel)
Sanderson v. Sanderson, 391 S.C. 249, 705 S.E. 2d 65 (Ct. App. 2010) (Appellate Counsel)
Black v. Black, 2010 UP 196
Walsh v. Walsh, 2007 UP 093
Doe v. Doe, 2006 UP 248